Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Flying ducks, flying mountain

Another calm winter day on Boundary Bay.

Blue water, blue sky, Crescent Beach across the bay, and Mount Baker, soaring above the foothills.

Jagged peaks, and a hint of pink.

I love to see flocks of birds, even when they're going away.

I think they're ducks. Except for the hitchhiking gull.

"Can I join you?"

(The gull is much closer to us; those aren't mini-ducks.)

Over the border marker now, heading south.

Not exactly a V formation.

And 'way far off, in the distance.

Another Skywatch post.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of birds on the move. I would have thought they would be already down south. Isn't it funny. I live close to Mt. Baker but it looks much smaller from my point of view. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger